Komen 5K This Saturday, June 6, 2009 - Join Me!

Hi friends and family!

As you know, the Komen Global Race for the Cure is the only "pink" fundraising I personally do for breast cancer support. The Komen organization simply does too many good things for so many people in our area - and beyond - and I feel it is very important.

Up to 75 percent of the money raised by the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure stays in the D.C. area to fund screening, treatment and education programs through the National Capital Area Grant Program. The remaining dollars support the Global Promise Fund, reaching underserved people in areas where breast cancer mortality rates are the highest.

If you would like to support me, please visit my page here. Any donation amount is appreciated.

As you may recall, I walked just 5 weeks after my surgery in 2007 and then ran it in 2008. As info, this year will be a run/walk. Sending hugs to each and every one of you and thanks for supporting me for the 3rd year as a survivor (5th year as a participant).

Hugs, Tina

No comments: