Monday, May 14, 2007

Update from oncologist, 5/10: She understands my concern about Tamoxifen (Tam) so we discussed 2 year vs 5 year plan. Also, since my mom had 5 blood clots, she has decided to do a blood test this week to identify markers that would indicate whether I would be susceptible to clots as well on Tam. She is not too thrilled about the idea of an oophorectomy (see link at right). Other options include inducing a "fake" menopause and treating me with Aromatase Inhibitors (see link at right). I will have another appointment with her next week to discuss results and my risk of recurrence without Tam.

Update on me: Feeling fairly good. Started PT last week. Returned to work this week. Discomfort in left arm, shoulder, etc. First visit to plastic surgeon was a breeze, with mild discomfort first night. Due to eating good foods and more or less detoxing the body, my face has broken out quite nicely. Mothers Day was great (I will post a photo this week) - we went to church, a wonderful brunch at the club, a farmers market in The Plains and a little picnic at La Grange Winery (link at right). What a peaceful and Tina-fun-kinda-day!!

"Remember, life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
- Author Unknown

No comments: